Thursday, April 06, 2006

Headline of the Week

I think I should dedicate a post per week to ridiculous news headlines. Last week's was Nigeria/Liberia/Sierra Leone and Taylor. This week it is:

[Drum roll]

[Better yet, imagine the first 15 secs of the song 'Sunday, Bloody Sunday']

I can't believe the news today
I can't close my eyes and make it go away

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/africa/4879822.stm

Africa, bloddy Africa.

The man took a shower to wash off HIV? Hmm....

.....hmm. A moment of silence, please. Let's mourn what a life could have been, but isn't.

My defense for Thabo Mbeki on what I believe is a misquoted statement on AIDS from 10 years ago in discussions with Americans (usually neCHoch, lemin yihon? They can't tell Timbuktu from Pretoria, but they all know that quote from Thabo Mbeki.) has not even rested yet. And now this? This?

I considered reading the article again in hopes that I would find a way to justify the statement as another misquote. Then it struck me that ... I really don't care. I give up. But I'm convinced this guy committed the rape. From his actions, he seems so dense that he probably doesn't know the difference between rape and consentual sex.

Anyway, they keep saying the woman is HIV positive. What about Zuma, when was the last time he was tested? He behaves like an irresponsible HIV+.

How long
How long must we sing this song?
How long, how long?

No comments: